Monday, October 10, 2011

Three's a Charm...


Good afternoon.  I wish I could say that it is a lovely Fall day here today.  Unfortunately it is a dreary Monday filled with rain and cloudy skies.  I haven't seen much of the sun today at all.  On the bright side, our lawn needed it and is looking such a lovely green. Yes, even in October.

It has been a busy weekend and a busy day.  So I am going to share three cards that I have put together over the weekend and the challenges they go with.

Front
The first is a lovely Autumn colored card.  I just love the browns and oranges.  The lovely poem is a digi by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff and the sentiment inside was designed and printed using Micro Soft word.  (It looks so much better than my handwriting!)  The sentiments were printed on kraft card stock.  The printed paper is from the Recollections All Seasons Pad, and the brown card stock is from my stash. The brown organza ribbon is by Ribbon Boutique. 

Inside

I am presenting this card for both the Sew Many Cards Challenge # 70 which asks us to use burnt orange, yellow and brown.  It is hard to see with the photograph, but there is some yellow in the print and the vellum is yellow.  Also, Stamping for the Weekend Challenge #18 is asking for the colors of Autumn and a digi or stamp to be used.

******

This cute little guy is for the Hambo Stamps Hoe Down Challenge for week #36 using their Flower Monster digi.  He is printed on water color paper and colored using water color pencils.  I had a hard time figuring out something to use with my first initial, and finally came up with the "TIED" ribbon.  I know it is a stretch...but I just went brain dead.  The papers and ribbon are from my scrap stash, so I am not sure who they are by.  However, I do enjoy it when I can use up those bits of paper I just can't bring myself to throw out.  

******


This last card turned out so cute.  I just love the pinks, purples and blues.  This is being presented for the challenge at Touched by a Butterfly and their Link Up for Pink challenge.  From October 1st to 14th they are helping to step up the reminders about breast cancer and celebrate National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  This is a cause close to my heart.  Not only did I have a scare which was luckily just a cyst, but I lost my dear friend Pat to her battle with breast cancer.  Make sure to get your yearly check-up and Mammogram.  It is always best to have lumps checked by your doctor rather than to just hope they will go away.

I am also presenting this for  Card Positioning Systems sketch #239.  If you love sketches, and who doesn't, be sure to stop on by and check out their site.  They have wonderful challenges and some wonderful design idea books.  


Thank you again for stopping by and all of your wonderful comments.
Please have a wonderful evening!

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful cards....
    thank you so much for linking up with us for Link up for Pink.
    Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say except wonderful. Love the colors and the cute theme.
    http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards you have created. Thanks for visiting over my way too. I so love the verse on the first card and would be so perfect for my good friend. :-) Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful cards this week!! Love all the cutting on the moon card, and the layouts on the other too! So glad you played in the Hambo Hoedown this week~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! and yes, three is a charm!
    Thank you for joining us over at LUFP with such lovely creation! ~Gaby
    www.gabycreates.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, I especially like the PINK one! :) Thanks for joining Link Up for Pink....still time to enter another FAB PINK creation!
    Yolie
    www.JustYolie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you're on a roll! 3 awesome cards in one post?! Your coloring on the Flower Monster is fabulous, and tied ribbon?! Wow! Now that is creative :) Thanks for playing along with us at the Hoedown this week.

    ReplyDelete