Saturday, November 12, 2011

Quick Catch Up--

and my apologizes.  It has been awhile since I have posted anything.  It has been so busy here.  

I am currently working on scanning, uploading and editing photos.  I am working on a photo album to send to my Grandmother.  I will put a post up in the next few days and share my experiences with my scanner, photo software, on-line photo storage and the publisher I choose to finally print the photo album with. I prefer to create my albums by hand, cutting and trimming and decorating all the pages.  This time, to speed up the cheer up, I am going to do it on-line and then I can have it sent direct to Grandma.  

First off, my daughter slipped at work and did a number on her knee. She tore a couple of ligaments, and it is very painful and swollen.  I wish she were closer so we could be of more help.   Thankfully, she is now headed in the right direction to get it fixed.  Unfortunately, it will be a while before she will be able to use it.  

We also took a trip to Nevada, visited family and worked on our property and with our alpacas there.   It was so much fun to visit with my Grandmother, brother, 2 sisters, brother in-law, sister in-law, 2 nieces and 3 nephews. It was a full house at my brother and sister in-law's small apartment. Unfortunately my daughter and son in-law were still here in Georgia.   However, the trip was still full of love and good memories.  

My niece wanted to take 'funny' pictures, and I was threatened to keep those off of the internet.  However, I would like to share one of our family pictures and a couple more of our property and animals.  The pictures turned out really nice.

My Family
Well, most of them.  Unfortunately a few were unable to join us.

Miss Valentina
Such a sweet girl!
The Crew--
Zay, Valentina and Harriett
They were not happy
 that we were going to harness them
 and then trim their nails.

My Dad is caring for the animals.  It is alway nice to be able to vist my Mom and Dad.  We spend time together, work on the property and animals and help around their place.  We will be less than 10 miles from their place.  However, with the dirt roads to our place it will take about 30 minutes or so to get to their place.  On the bright side, that is a lot closer than a 3 hour plane ride and a 2 hour road trip from the airport.

And hopefully we can get things completed so that in the next few years this will be the view we wake up to every day.  So beautiful and surrounded by mountains, I can't wait for the serenity.

Our view to the East
This is me with my Dad

View to the West
and our nearest neighbor

So I am off to play with some more photos, Picasa web albums and their editing software, and shutterfly photo books.

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful day!





No comments:

Post a Comment